- > English
- > Patients & Families
- > Hospital Introduction
- > Hospital Divisions
- > Department of Surgical Specialties
- > Division of Pediatric Urology
Division of Pediatric Urology
We provide tailored treatments for patients with urological disorders.
The division offers surgical and medical treatment options for urological conditions. Our team is made up of three senior urologists certified by the Japanese Urological Association, a fellow and a resident in training.
Diagnosis and treatment policy
For most cases, we follow the diagnostic and treatment policies recommended by the American Society of Pediatric Urology and/or the American Urological Association.
- Surgical treatment of the congenital urinary tract and genital abnormalities in children and adults
- Medical and surgical treatments for urination or voiding abnormalities caused by congenital spinal abnormalities (such as myelomeningocele)
- Urinary tract: hydronephrosis (ureteropelvic junction obstruction: UPJO), megaureter (ureterovesical junction obstruction: UVJO), urethral stenosis (including posterior urethral valve: PUV), vesicoureteral reflux (VUR)
- Genitalia: hypospadias, undescended testis, disorders of sexual differentiation, urogenital sinus anomalies, vaginal atresia
- Miscellaneous: exstrophy complex
We undertake minimal invasive surgical procedures, such as laparoscopic surgery for urinary tract abnormalities.
Frequently performed tests
Almost all diagnostic imaging tests are performed by qualified pediatric radiologists, including ultrasonography, voiding cystourethrography, MRI, CT, RI testing.We also perform urodynamic studies of patients with voiding dysfunction.