- > English
- > Researchers
- > Center for Clinical Research and Development
- > Clinical Departments
- > Department of Multicenter Collaboration
Department of Multicenter Collaboration
One of the NCCHD's overarching objectives is to promote drug development, drug safety measures, and the rational use of drugs and medical devices in healthcare for infants, children, adolescents, young adults, and their families.
The Department of Multicenter Collaboration manages the pediatric clinical networks, collects and disseminates information in the pediatric field, and engages in international harmonization. Additionally, we collaborate with the relevant medical institutions, academic societies, pharmaceutical industries, and the Japanese Government to achieve our goals.
The Department of Multicenter Collaboration consists of a Network Promotion Unit, International Collaboration Unit, and Clinical Research Consultation Unit. Our primary activities are as follows:
- Domestic collaboration to promote drug safety measures and the rational use of drugs or medical devices in the pediatric field in collaboration with pediatric medical facilities, academic societies, and pharmaceutical industries across Japan
- International collaboration and harmonization for pediatric drug development by strengthening cooperation with overseas-related organizations
- Research and development consultations to promote pediatric drug development
Functions and services
1. Multicenter Collaboration for the Promotion of Pediatric Drug Development
The department aims to promote pediatric clinical development and houses the central offices of the Pediatric Clinical Trial Network and the Network for Collecting Prescription and Clinical Data in Children. We also support the central office of the Networks for Pediatric Drug Development and the activities of its workgroups.
2. International Collaboration
The department collaborates with others to engage in international collaboration and harmonization of pediatric drug development. We act as a collaborator in the relevant overseas healthcare facilities, consortiums, and networks. We aim to contribute to the international harmonization of pediatric drug development.
3. Research & Development Consultation
The department supports not only the researchers at NCCHD but also the researchers in other medical centers and research institutes. We also serve as industry consultants, advise regulatory agencies, and collaborate with relevant international academic institutions.