- > English
- > Patients & Families
- > Hospital Introduction
- > Hospital Divisions
- > Department of Surgical Specialties
- > Division of Otolaryngology
Division of Otolaryngology
Our division provides appropriate treatment for patients with general diseases of the ears, nose and throat such as otitis or tonsillitis, as well as advanced therapy for patients with diseases that resist treatment, such as hereditary deafness, or congenital malformation.
Our division is composed of staff members certified by the Japan Society of Otolaryngology and the Japan Broncho-esophagological Society who assess pediatric otolaryngology. We manage patients in collaboration with other specialists from affiliated departments, including general pediatricians, plastic surgeons, and speech therapists from the rehabilitation department.
Diagnosis and treatment policy
Our treatment strategy is tailored to each individual patient and is based on a wealth of experience and robust clinical guidelines. We often hold conferences with affiliated departments to decide on the appropriate course of treatment for complex diseases.
Airwaydiseases: we have extensive experience with airway surgery such as tracheostomy, or laryngotracheoplasty.
Congenital deafnessour department is one of the few institutes that specialize in pediatric hearing loss in Japan. We provide consistent treatment for hearing loss including cochlear implant or speech and aural habilitation.
We treat a broad range of diseases in the following areas, for example:
- Ear: congenital hearing loss, otitis media, congenital ossicular malformation
- Nose: chronic sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, congenital choanal atresia
- Pharynx: sleep apnea syndrome, adenoid hypertrophy, chronic tonsillitis
- Larynx: vocal cord paralysis, vocal cord cyst, vocal cord nodule
- Head and neck: cervical cyst located in the neck, salivary gland diseases, facial palsy