- > English
- > Patients & Families
- > Hospital Introduction
- > Hospital Divisions
- > Department of Medical Subspecialties
- > Division of Neurology
Division of Neurology
Our child neurology teams are dedicated to promoting correct diagnostic, optimal treatment and care for infants, children and adolescents with various neurological problems (those affecting the nervous system).
Our division is comprised of two staff physicians and four fellows. A certified pediatric neurologist and epileptologist treat patients in cooperation with related department staff. We always aim to deliver the latest diagnostics and treatment in conjunction with the neurophysiology and neuroradiology departments and, if necessary, neurosurgery and rehabilitation staff.
Diagnosis and treatment policy
Our policy is to ensure that all patients with congenital or acquired neurological disorders are provided with correct diagnostics and effective therapy and are supported by the best practice to manage their condition and enjoy a normal life.
- Diagnosis and treatment of childhood-onset epilepsy syndrome
- Comprehensive medical care for prolonged hypertonic state
- Diagnosis and treatment of movement disorders such as dystonia, tics, and myoclonus
- Comprehensive medical treatment of encephalitis/encephalopathy
- Diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders
We professionally treat all diseases of pediatric neurology.
- Analysis of pathogenesis of movement disorders by transcranial magnetic stimulation
- Differential diagnosis of epileptic and non-epileptic seizures by long-term video-EEG monitoring
- Treatment of opsoclonus-myoclonus syndrome with rituximab
Frequently performed tests
- Neurophysiological tests: electroencephalography, polysomnograph, transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS).
- Neuroradiological tests: nuclear magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), fMRI, CT scan, single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT).